Thursday 31 December 2009

Evolution not resolution

And so another year is done and I feel the need to review, count my blessings and consider the new year.

I think the nation will breathe a collective sigh of relief at the stroke of midnight, that this recession year is over. My economic situation has been better than ever but still not good enough, something I will endeavour to change in 2010. My personal finances will get a serious review, starting with me actually DOING my tax return before the January 31st deadline [instead of the usual panic a few days before], some serious filing of important documents and a look at where I can make savings and live a little more frugally. The living frugal will not be an attempt at taking ALL the joy out of my life but a more serious attempt at starting an 'emergency fund' and being a little more strict at saving. I will break my cycle of living paycheck to paycheck and hopefully make a serious dent in my debt. Time to take charge of my money.

In 2009 I made a change to my attitude regarding my weight and body shape. Would love to say some magic dust was sprinkled and all changed but no, it has been a battle each day, to eat the right things and to get my exercise done. I have fallen off the wagon [most spectacularly this festive season] but have thankfully not backslid too much or reverted to my old, lazy ways. The first 4 months of 2010 will be very strict, with stringent planning and checks on what I am consuming and working out like a demented bat[not sure they partake in 7am torturous spin classes?]. I have a bridesmaid dress to fit into after all. This will be the year of continuing my new found love of running, with at least 3-4 10k runs planned as well as a half marathon, bring it on! I'm hoping to run at least 5k about 4-5 times a week as well as fitting in other cross training. I'm going to just get on and do it, not bore my poor friends and colleagues with the details and hopefully end 2010 fit and healthy for the first time in about 15yrs.

And for everything else, I aim to simplify, let go of unnecessary people, attitudes and things. To start living my dream life, knowing that I am instrumental in making it happen with focus and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

counter for blogspot